Chambery AirportThe closest Airport to the Three Vallees, Espace Killy & Paradiski
Although Chambéry is by no means the biggest airport in the Alps, it does provide quick access to more ski resorts than any other.
The Three Valleys are just an hour and twenty minutes away, Les Arcs and La Plagne can be reached in an hour and a half and the Espace Killy resorts of vald'Isere and Tignes are under two hours from the airport.
- Airport Code: CMF
- Distance from Chambéry city centre: 8km
- Number of terminals: 1
- Number of runways: 2
- Accepted Currency: Euros (€)
- Information Desk: The Information Desk is situated opposite the terminal entrance and is open from 08h00 to 20h00 Monday to Friday and 09h00 to 21h00 at weekends.
- Ski boots and helmets are not permitted as hand luggage
Travel & Transport:
- Parking: You will find 300 free car parking spaces just opposite the terminal, there is also space for 20 coaches.
- Car Hire: Cars can be hired from Avis, Europcar, National Citer and Hertz at the porta-cabin in the car park. The cabin opens on arrival of all regular flights and by prior arrangement.
- Coaches: Coach tickets can be bought at the desk near Baggage Claim, the coach stop is outside the terminal to the right.
- Travelling to Verbier: The most common methods of getting from Chambéry Airport to Verbier are by transfer bus or hire car. Please read our article on Travelling Between the Airport & Verbier to find out more.
- Railway Station: There is no direct railway link from Chambéry Airport. The quickest way is to take a taxi to Chambéry Challes les Eaux Gare SNCF, which costs around €20 and is roughly a 10 minute journey. There is also a regular shuttle bus that runs between the airport and the railway station, which takes 20-30 minutes.
- Airlines: British Airways, Flybe and Jet2 all fly in and out of Chambéry during the winter. To find a full list of all destinations served by these airlines please see here. Please note that the cheapest airline to fly into may not always be the most economical overall; it is always worth researching how much your Airport Transfer will cost before you book your bargain flight!
Services & Facilities:
- Restaurants, Bars & Takeaways: Chambéry Airport has just 1 restaurant, Resto’fly 73. It features a terrace with view overlooking the runway. There is also a small snack bar that serves much the same sort of food as in the restaurant, but has more limited choice - it is handy if you just want to grab a quick sandwich or coffee. The restaurant and snack bar normally stay open until the last flight has left.
- Shops: The airport shops are only open during the winter and consist of a duty-free shop in the departure lounge and a regional products shop near the entrance to the terminal.
- Entertainment: You will find a number of arcade games near the Flybe check in desk.
- Conference Rooms: Chambéry Airport has a special VIP Business Centre, which offers meeting rooms and lounges for hire. There is also a private VIP arrivals and departures lounge.
- Internet Access: Unfortunately the airport is not equipped with computer terminals or WiFi hotspots.
- Smokers: Chambéry is a non-smoking airport, so if you need one last ciggie before getting on the plane you will have to go outside before you go through to departures!
- Cash & Currency: You can withdraw cash (euros) from the dispenser at the terminal entrance.
- First Aid: If a medical emergency should arise there are gendarmes (police officers) patrolling the airport at all times and additional pompiers (fire brigade) at the weekend. If you need assistance you should make your way to the Information Desk.
Luggage / Animals
- Hand Luggage: SKI BOOTS AND HELMETS ARE NOT PERMITTED AS HAND LUGGAGE on flights out of Chambery. You will have to check these items in which may incur an excess baggage charge
- Left Luggage: There are no left luggage facilities.
- Lost Luggage: Report lost luggage at the Information Desk.
- Animals: The general policy on transporting animals is that those weighing under 5kg and carried in a bag (à la Paris Hilton’s Chihuahua) can travel in the cabin. Any animals heavier than 5kg must travel in a cage in the hold. Arrangements for animals must be made in advance and you should clarify with your airline what their individual policy is.
Please use our booking forms and/or quote 'We saw you on Verbinet.com' in telephone enquiries or emails that you send directly