After weeks of glorious sunshine but almost no snowfall, the heavens opened last night, and Verbier awoke to a fresh dump of 30cm of snow this morning. At the top of town, there’s even more, closer to 40cm. This means that up the mountain there’s a very good chance we’re looking at half a metre of powder!
Such a large snowfall so late in the season means that we’re very likely now to have good snow until the current closing date on April 28th. The forecasts are also saying that we could see another 10-20cm accumulate throughout the day and night, and with the weather looking to be clear tomorrow, we could be in for an epic few days.
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Verbier
- Insider's guide to Verbier E-Bike Festival 2019
- Verbier mountains open to all
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019
- Latest gear - new footwear and more for 2019