Guided tour of the alpage by the president of the local mountain pasture association.
We will go and see Herens cows grazing in the alpine meadows before making a well-earned stop at a traditional farm building to enjoy a succulent brunch with panoramic views that will take your breath away!
The brunch will consist of a range of mountain cheeses, home-made bread and jams, milk produced right here on the pastures and local apple juice.
- The traditional mountain farmer’s hut where we’ll be eating brunch can accommodate a maximum of 8 people.
- Transport: transfer by minibus from Verbier to the mountain pasture (around 1 hour).
- Hike: participants must be in good physical condition and able to hike for roughly two hours on trails at more than 2,000m in altitude.
- Sturdy footwear
- Warm jumper and windcheater
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sun cream
- A bottle of water
- Trekking poles recommended
Booking available from June 1st 2019
What do I need to do?
1. Go to the tourist office in Verbier or Le Châble to make your booking before midday the day before the trip (due to popular demand, book early).
2. On the day of the trip, meet at Verbier Tourist Office at 9.00am or at Le Châble Tourist Office at 09:20.
3. Bring a backpack and the equipment listed above; be sure to wear hiking boots.
4. A taxi will take you to the mountain pasture of Sery (around one hour from Verbier).
5. Enjoy the hike (one to two hours of walking) and the spectacular panorama at the foot of the Petit Combin before revelling in a delicious brunch in a traditional mountain farmer’s hut.
6. Leave Sery at around 14:00 to return to Verbier around 15:00.
CHF 25.- / person
Free for children under 6 years old