Crossing 6 valleys for a total distance of 125kms and a positive vertical gain of 5000m, the Grand Raid is effectively the longest single leg mountain bike race in the world.
AN average of 2500 participants test their strength and endurance as they set off bright and early at dawn from Verbier’s Place Central. They then race against the clock through various “cut-off” checkpoints strategically situated along the course which eventually takes them all the way to Grimentz, later that day.
There's a smaller race for children to get involved in too. There will be a village set-up of stands and tents of all things mountain-bike, as well as other entertainment throughout the day.
Visit the website for more information via the link on this page.
More Verbier Insights...
- Celebrate Christmas 2019 at Sir Richard Branson's winter retreat in Verbier
- Geneva airport to Verbier by train in 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Verbier
- Insider's guide to Verbier E-Bike Festival 2019
- Verbier mountains open to all