Crossing 6 valleys for a total distance of 125kms and a positive vertical gain of 5000m, the Grand Raid is effectively the longest single leg mountain bike race in the world.
AN average of 2500 participants test their strength and endurance as they set off bright and early at dawn from Verbier’s Place Central. They then race against the clock through various “cut-off” checkpoints strategically situated along the course which eventually takes them all the way to Grimentz, later that day.
There's a smaller race for children to get involved in too. There will be a village set-up of stands and tents of all things mountain-bike, as well as other entertainment throughout the day.
Visit the website for more information via the link on this page.
Dates for this event
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Verbier
- Insider's guide to Verbier E-Bike Festival 2019
- Verbier mountains open to all
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019
- Latest gear - new footwear and more for 2019