Situated right in the centre of Verbier, this hotel is ideally suited to those who want to be near to all the fun, without paying over the odds or having all the noise.
The hotel is relaxed, informal and friendly. Conveniently, it is also only a few hundred metres from the lifts (though the bus stop is just outside) and near to the shops, apres-ski bars, and the nightclubs, including Tara's and the Farm Club.
The hotel was recently renovated and has 31 rooms, 24 of which have a south facing balcony. All rooms have a bathroom/wc and are equipped with satellite TV, WiFi access, direct telephone, hairdryer minibar and safe.
The hotel offers bed and breakfast, leaving you to venture out and enjoy many of the local restaurants which are all within easy walking distance.
After a day on the mountain, you can look forward to unwinding in the relaxation area and enjoy a traditional sauna to soothe any aches and pains following a day of activity.
The hotel provides a secure ski room where you can store all your equipment without it taking over your living space. There is also a luggage storage service and a laundry service available.
They can also host conferences for up to 25 individuals and have a plasma screen and project facilities.
Although the hotel doesn't have a restaurant in-house, they do serve breakfast daily between 07:30 and 10:00. Their staff are happy to make recommendations on local restaurants according to your preferences and budget.
Families & Kids
You’ll need to book your own childcare, when staying here. There is a great choice of childcare options in Verbier from full-time nanny services to the odd night of babysitting. In addition, during the winter season, many of the ski-schools operate creche services. Booking in advance is always recommended and strongly advised for the school holiday periods.
Also see: Childcare in Verbier - Centre, Switzerland
You’ll need to book your own transfers when staying here. Your main options are shared or private transfers, but consider whether you would prefer a door-to-door service or a (generally cheaper) “communal” drop-off point at your destination.
Also see: Transfers to Verbier, Switzerland
You’ll need to organise your own bike hire when staying here. Things to consider are the type of bike you want to rent such as road, mountain, hard trail and/or an electric bike; and whether you’ll need helmets and protective clothing with your rental. You’re best off choosing a shop that is close to your accommodation for ease of access, and making it quicker to return the bike and pay at the end. Some companies may also deliver so it’s worth looking at all the options.
Also see: Cycle Hire in Verbier - Centre, Switzerland
You’ll need to book your own ski hire, when staying here. There are many choices for hiring equipment. Generally, you’re best off choosing somewhere close for ease of access, & less far to carry your kit, easier to make changes, and quicker to return and pay at the end. Nevertheless, many suppliers will deliver and some snow-front rental stores offer ski lockers, so it’s worth checking out all the options.
Also see: Ski Hire in Verbier - Centre, Switzerland
Lifts & Passes
You’ll need to buy your own lift pass, when staying here. Lift passes can be booked online or bought in resort on arrival. There are many types of pass available, suited to different levels, length of stay and budget. It’s worth reading up on the options to get the most from your lift pass in summer & winter.
Also see: Ski Pass Options in Verbier, Switzerland
Instructors & Lessons
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own ski or snowboard lessons. Tuition is strongly recommended for complete beginners and is always a good idea whatever your level to perfect your technique. Group lessons are a great way for children to learn with their peers whilst giving you some free time on the slopes. Groups are also a generally cheaper option for adults, however, with a private instructor you’ll have undivided attention and be able to progress at your own pace.
Also see: Ski Schools in Verbier - Centre, Switzerland
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Verbier whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Verbier - Centre, Switzerland
There are a few parking spaces available at the hotel. These need to be reserved in advance and cost €20 per day.
- "We stayed here for three nights in early March in a Verandah Suite and had a fantastic stay. The location in the heart of the town just 50m from the Farinet is perfect for après ski and 100m from the shuttle if you can't face the five minute walk to the cable car in the morning. There is a ski room with secure locker on the ground floor, with reception on the second where a pleasant breakfast is also served. The highlight though are the staff who cannot do enough to ensure your stay is the best it can be. Our room, 205, was well appointed with a good bathroom, big, comfortable bed, sitting area and large exterior balcony with views over the town. Parking is not at the hotel but nearby.Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and pay the extra for the Verandah suite." - Trip Advisor
- "Usually, we book"4 star hotel, but this one was absolutely amazing, friendly service. The room is modern, the sauna is small, but so good, even my husband who is not a big fan of sauna, told it was amazing. Good location, quite central. Delicious breakfast, they even had a nespresso machine." - Trip Advisor
- "This is a centrally located hotel. The bus stop is across the street which makes it convenient. The information center is also across the street. The cable car to the piste is 5 mins walking distance. The people in the hotel are warm and friendly. Rooms are spacious." - Trip Advisor
- "We managed to find a triple room here last minute and it was perfect. Central location, very friendly owner and staff who couldn't be more accommodating and helpful, room was large and spacious, plenty of storage for 3, large en-suite, comfy beds and a beautiful view. Breakfast lovely with a good choice of breads, meat and cheese etc. For Verbier reasonably priced and would definitely stay here again!" - Trip Advisor
- "Lovely long weekend stay. Wonderful views from room 5 with a separate sitting area as well as access to shared sunny balcony. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast good. Excellent location, 1 minute from Farinet Bar and 4 mins walk to Farm Club. 5 minute walk to Medran lift. Great stay, would return when in Verbier again." - Trip Advisor
The Place Centrale is where everything big tends to happen in Verbier. Chalet style buildings surround you in all directions, with the mountains as the perfect backdrop behind. Hotels, ski shops, banks, bars and retail shops are all within a 100-metre radius.
Verbier has an extensive range of restaurants all over town from Route De Verbier station all the way up to Rue De Medran. You can choose from traditional Swiss restaurants like La Caveau, La Channe, Le Currie, Relais Des Neige, and La Chamois. For restaurants serving a more of a varied menu, head to Chez Martin, La Pergola, Borsalino or Fer a Cheval. For a fine dining experience try Nomad Sushi Lounge, Cordee Des Alps, La Grange and The W Hotel. A little bit further away from the centre you’ll find Le Rouge, Chalet Adrien, Le Hameau restaurant, Le Sonalon, Carrefour and for great pizzas try Al Capone.
Also see: Restaurants in Verbier - Centre, Switzerland
Centre Culturel du Hameau in Verbier has a small alpine Museum, gift shop and small church all located in a small private square at the bottom of Les Esserts Ski Slope. A bit further up at the top of Les Esserts you have Carrefour, which in winter is as high as the road goes, you have a panoramic view of the surrounding mountain ranges, Rogneux, Combin and Mont-Blanc.
Things to Do Nearby
The main activity in Verbier in winter is of course skiing and snowboarding, but you can do snowshoe walks, sledging or take a ride in a husky sledge. Off the mountain the 'centre sportif' provides swimming, squash, snow and ice karting, ice hockey and ice-skating. There is also a gym which provides private classes for every member such as Pilates, Yoga, Spin, Boxercise and more.
Also see: Things To Do in Verbier - Centre, Switzerland
Verbier has a local golf club that is situated at Le Hameau which is only open in the summer. It has an 18-hole golf course and is located above the main town of Verbier only a 5-minute drive away. The golf course is situated on the winter piste called 'Les Esserts'. There is also a 18 hole short pitch and put course at 'Les Moulins' which is a 5 minute walk from Place Centrale, just behind Cordee Des Alps hotel.
Also see: Golf Courses in Verbier - Centre, Switzerland
Verbier has two lift stations, Medran (the main one) and Savoleyeres. Medran connects you to Verbier's main pistes and also down to Le Chable. Verbier is part of the 4 Vallees ski area, which includes the resorts of Nendez, Veysonnaz and Thyon. There’s a whopping total of 92 ski lifts and 412 km of pistes to ski and snowboard. Medran and Savoleyeres lift station are both easily connected via the free bus service.
Also see: Ski Areas in Verbier, Switzerland
Verbier is known for some of the best partying in the Alps and it certainly does not disappoint with a wide range of options to choose from. From the Medran lift station down to Place Centrale you have between 10-15 bars open in winter from 3pm - 1-2am. For a late night option you have the new South NightClub (underneath The Farinet) The Etoile Rouge, Twin Peaks and Farm Club all within the surrounding areas of Place Centrale and no longer than 5 mins walking distance in each direction.
Also see: Bars in Verbier - Centre, Switzerland
Location: Verbier - Centre
Star Rating: 3 Star
Property Style: Hotel
Special Breaks: Ski Short-stays
Vibe / Atmosphere: Traditional
Cleaning: Laundry Service
Access: Children welcome
Room: Balcony | Hair dryer | Safe / Secure box | Ski / Boot Room
Car-parking: Parking on property
Entertainment: CD player | Satellite TV | WiFi / Internet
Kitchen/Laundry: Iron & Board | Tea / Coffee Maker
Spa & Fitness: Sauna
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Autumn | Winter
Address: Route des Creux 4 | Verbier - Centre | CH1936