After a long spell of warm and sunny weather, and with the season coming to a close, we thought our powder days were all but over for the season. However, after a sudden dump of 50cm over last weekend here in Verbier, we’ve been treated to some excellent late season conditions.
I managed to get out early in the morning to enjoy the half meter of fresh powder straight after it had fallen, and headed straight for the trees and ridge line above Tortin and Col des Mouche. In places you could feel a slight crusty layer underneath the fresh snow, but for the most part this was proper, deep and amazing powder. It honestly reminded me of some of the epic conditions we experienced back in January.
More Verbier Insights...
- Celebrate Christmas 2019 at Sir Richard Branson's winter retreat in Verbier
- Geneva airport to Verbier by train in 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Verbier
- Insider's guide to Verbier E-Bike Festival 2019
- Verbier mountains open to all