After a long spell of warm and sunny weather, and with the season coming to a close, we thought our powder days were all but over for the season. However, after a sudden dump of 50cm over last weekend here in Verbier, we’ve been treated to some excellent late season conditions.
I managed to get out early in the morning to enjoy the half meter of fresh powder straight after it had fallen, and headed straight for the trees and ridge line above Tortin and Col des Mouche. In places you could feel a slight crusty layer underneath the fresh snow, but for the most part this was proper, deep and amazing powder. It honestly reminded me of some of the epic conditions we experienced back in January.
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Verbier
- Insider's guide to Verbier E-Bike Festival 2019
- Verbier mountains open to all
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019
- Latest gear - new footwear and more for 2019